Salary: circa £40,000 per annum (or pro-rata equivalent)
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract (up to 12 months)
Hours of work: between 0.6 FTE and full-time, by mutual agreement
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Deadline: 09:00 on Tuesday 8th may 2018
About London Sport:
We are here to help physical activity and sport to work better in London. Our vision is to make London the most physically active city in the world, and we have a target of helping to get 1,000,000 Londoners to be more physically active by 2020. The future health of our capital relies on hundreds of different organisations working better together. Between us, we need to improve the opportunities for Londoners to lead an active life by being more collaborative, more efficient, more diverse and more innovative.
We are here to help others do just that. As the first stop shop for physical activity and sport in London, it is our job to bring everyone together, to put London’s Blueprint for a Physically Active City into action, and to help make London a stronger community for everyone.
Purpose of the post:
To lead and be accountable for the development, implementation and achievement of London Sport’s plans for Workforce development.
To develop successful internal and external relationships and contribute to overall organisational strategy.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- To oversee and lead the implementation of Building A Workforce for the Future – London’s strategic plan of action for the effective development of a workforce for physical activity and sport, which supports more people to become and stay physically active.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with appropriate stakeholders and partners at a senior level, and other agencies involved in the development and support of the voluntary and paid workforce, to promote London Sport and secure mutually beneficial outcomes through effective collaboration.
- To develop, lead, review and refine plans for workforce development to contribute to London Sport’s strategy, developing appropriate systems for target setting, accountability, responsibility, monitoring and evaluation.
- To provide leadership, direction and advocacy for London Sport’s plans for workforce by communicating internally with colleagues and externally with stakeholders and partners.
- To contribute to the effective delivery of London Sport’s operations as a member of the Operational Management Group and by co-ordination and integration with other areas of London Sport’s work.
- To keep abreast of latest workforce developments and their application to London Sport’s aims and objectives, as well as the sharing of this information to upskill the wider London Sport team.
- To contribute to financial planning, monitoring and reporting, maintaining strong cost control.
- To continually seek and share best practice and strive to identify and implement service improvement.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities of the post at all times in compliance with London Sport’s policies.
- To undertake any other duties deemed relevant by the Director of Operations.
London Sport is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment