Our Consultancy Services help you make better decisions with our cutting-edge expertise on insight, funding and technology. Find out more about how we helped Lawn Tennis Association make evidence-based investment to maximise the impact of their Transforming British Tennis Together programme.
Sector: National Governing Body Facilities Investment
Date undertaken: December 2017 to December 2018
Consultancy area: Insight
Partner: Lawn Tennis Association
A major National Governing Body looking to invest in the future of its facilities across the country sought London Sport’s support in determining key locations with the potential to secure matched-investment in the capital.
• To identify the most suitable community sites and park facilities for investment across London
• To determine where suitable sites overlapped with target participant populations and long-term financial sustainability
• To develop an evidence-base to support bids for match-funding from local government and other funders
London Sport Support
• Created interactive geographic models to identify target areas based on established strategic criteria
• Undertook in-depth geographic catchment analysis to identify potential participant bases across a range of target areas
• Build an evidence base for matched-funding investment, covering client and local stakeholder priorities
Outcomes of London Sport Consultancy
• Increase awareness of local geographic opportunities to raise participation in discrete areas across London
• Client provided with suites of insight tools and data to target future investment decisions in London
“The work carried out by London Sport’s insight team will have a big impact on our decision-making process across the TBTT programmes and, resulting in evidence-based investment that will ensure we maximise the impact of this programme on tennis participation opportunities across the capital.
We will continue to work closely with London Sport as we progress through 2018 to provide us with the tools and evidence to effectively allocate these resources in alignment with our aims and objectives and those of our match-funding partners.”
Jo-Ann Downing & Mandana Mehranpour, Community Leads, LTA.