Job Title: Sport Tech Hub Programme Manager
Salary: £32,000 – £45,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full time 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Specialist Advisor – Technology for Participation
Deadline: 23:59 Sunday 29 July 2018
About London Sport:
We are here to help physical activity and sport to work better in London. Our vision is to make London the most physically active city in the world, and we have a target of helping to get 1,000,000 Londoners to be more physically active by 2020. The future health of our capital relies on hundreds of different organisations working better together. Between us, we need to improve the opportunities for Londoners to lead an active life by being more collaborative, more efficient, more diverse and more innovative.
We are here to help others do just that. As the first stop shop for physical activity and sport in London, it is our job to bring everyone together, to put London’s Blueprint for a Physically Active City into action, and to help make London a stronger community for everyone.
About Sport Tech Hub:
Established and operated by London Sport, Sport Tech Hub is the first dedicated physical activity and sport innovation hub supporting start-ups from SportTech, FitTech and HealthTech that can help create happier, healthier and more active populations in the capital and beyond.
Sport Tech Hub empowers and scales start-ups through access to a yearly 24 week incubator programme as well as residency opportunity within the physical space based in the House of Sport.
Purpose of the Role:
Overall responsibility for Sport Tech Hub, implementing, driving and delivering the incubator programme, alumni engagement and activating the Sport Tech Hub physical space in the House of Sport.
Showcasing the impact Sport Tech Hub is having as a key contributor towards making London the most active city and a valuable proposition for start-ups, partners, collaborators and mentors involved.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivery, Maintenance and Enhancement:
- Implement, review and adapt the Sport Tech Hub incubator programme, curating structured content via a range of workshops, seminars and mentoring sessions related to the needs of the selected start-ups.
- Build and manage existing and potential partners / collaborators.
- Build and manage existing and potential mentors.
- Support and engage Sport Tech Hub alumni and residents.
- Run monthly meetings with residents to monitor progress against action plans – set up for working in the space.
- Engage with relevant London Sport staff allowing start-ups to access and navigate the physical activity and sport sector effectively.
- Maintain speedy and concise communication with all that are part of the Sport Tech Hub community.
- Spend time in the market getting to know and building relationships with other incubators / accelerators.
- Grow a pipeline of start-ups interested in being part of Sport Tech Hub – incubator programme and residents.
- Leverage the Sport Tech Hub to achieve shared objectives and support London Sport initiatives.
- Lead the Sport Tech Hub steering group.
- Work with the Sport Tech Hub steering group to apply and secure funding.
- Identify opportunities and create business plan proposals linked to the potential running of hackathons or virtual challenges.
- Work with London Sport’s insight team to implement and maintain measures of success from incubator programme, alumni and residents.
- Produce regular reports on the success of the Sport Tech Hub community.
- Support a strategy, vision and recommendation for future programmes through consultation with Sport Tech Hub’s network.
Building a Profile
- Work with London Sport’s Event Lead to create Sport Tech Hub related events, including breakfast meet-ups, mid-day roundtables, dinner and drinks socials.
- Present and attend external events, raise awareness of our brand and create new engagement opportunities for the community.
- Work with London Sport’s Marketing and Communications Team to create short and long form content to publish and promote across owned and 3rd party channels.
- Attend key meetings with ‘superhighway’ partners – ActiveLab (ukactive) and Open Active Accelerator (ODI).
- Maintain presence on social media channels.
London Sport is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment