This page will be updated to feature any London Sport events which are due to take place in the coming months. Please check back again soon to see our upcoming events.
Training Support in Sport & Physical Activity for social prescribers – Thursday 09 June, 10am
London Sport has a vision to make the capital the most active city in the world and to achieve this we have identified a need to work with a wider workforce.
One workforce we have recognised as being important in helping inactive people become more active is the Social Prescribing sector. We have created and piloted a new training programme for London’s social prescribing network and, after learning from that experience, we are now in a position to roll the training out online.
How the session will run:
- This one-day training programme has been split into two half-day sessions, users must be able to attend both sessions.
- Day One: Thursday 9th June, 10am-1pm.
- Day Two: Thursday 16th June, 10am-1pm.
- One ticket purchase enables attendance at both days.
The session will seek to:
- Upskill staff and volunteers working in social prescribing on sport and physical activity.
- Help staff and volunteers to be more confident in advocating sport and physical activity to their clients.
- Support inactive Londoners to become more active.
Interested candidates should:
- Be involved in the provision of an established social prescribing service, either as a link worker or social prescriber.
- Be keen to improve their knowledge of physical activity and sport.
- Be available, online, for both sessions (three hours each) and attend a follow-up session after three months (one hour in duration).