The Enhancing the Workforce Award is recognises the individuals, organisations, groups or programmes that have had the biggest impact on supporting a bigger, better workforce for physical activity and sport.
Supporting people to lead physically active lives is a role that falls to many groups and individuals.
Both the traditional sport industry and other sectors e.g. public health have an important role to play in enabling people to find, access and remain engaged with physical activity and sport.
This Award recognises whoever is enhancing the sporting workforce; whether it’s supporting, training or mentoring coaches, volunteers, administrators, officials or any other part of the sporting workforce.
The 2020 shortlist is:
ECB Cities Team
In 2019 the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) recruited 2,000 South Asian female volunteers, known as activators, across seven cities to deliver the ECBs All Stars Cricket programme aimed at engaging five to eight-year-olds in cricket and teaching them the basics of the sport.
Founded in 2012, Coach Core is a national sports coaching apprenticeship scheme, recruiting young people (16-24), who are NEET or at risk of becoming NEET, developing their talents and providing them with a range of vital skills for sport, work and life.
QMSU Community Sport
A Sport Leadership and Workforce Development Programme at Queen Mary University of London supporting students to increase their employability through CPD and funded qualifications in return for their outreach in the community.
Let’s take a look back at the 2019 shortlist…
Nominees should demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Have uniquely helped to either grow sport’s workforce or support its development.
- Have reached out to support less active or inactive Londoners.
- Spent an extended period of time to make a significant contribution to getting Londoners active through physical activity and sport.
- Those that have worked with communities or groups who have particularly benefited from being involved in physical activity and sport.
- The nomination must detail activities/projects/initiatives that have taken place throughout the 2019 calendar year. The work may be on-going.