This Award recognises the valuable contribution of businesses of all sizes in providing sponsorship, support, and resources which enable community physical activity and sport to thrive in London.
Community physical activity and sport programmes, projects and organisations cannot operate in isolation.
This Award recognises the contribution of commercial organisations, large and small, to community physical activity and sport through practical support, advice/mentorship, collaboration and investment.
This award celebrates businesses with a bold and innovative approach to Responsible Business and can demonstrate they make a real tangible difference in local communities.
The Business Contribution Award in association with City of London Corporation celebrates the business role models who inspire and motivate others to support community physical activity and sport initiatives.
The shortlist for 2020 is:
Cause & Effect Creative
Cause & Effect Creative have provided business time and support to help benefit grassroots football club Balham FC. Cause & Effect have saved the club thousands of pounds in business support and have supported their wider efforts to develop commercial partnerships with local businesses
UBS has been changing the lives of children and young people through sport via a partnership with SportInspired that seeks to tackle the consequences of poverty in Hackney. UBS provides volunteers to support children and young people, helping to make a transformative difference to their lives.
Prudential sponsors the Prudential RideLondon, a mass-participation event which has raised more than £77.5m for charity in the last seven years. Prudential RideLondon has focused on making the ride more accessible, helping people to achieve their potential.
Nominees should demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Vital support provided to a project, initiative or community group which is dedicated to physical activity and sport in a specific locality.
- Commercial investment in community physical activity and sport which has achieved positive social change outcomes.
- The establishment/continuation of an exceptional partnership for the benefit of community physical activity and sport
- Evidence of the clear benefits and impact the business has had on the organisation, project or initiative.
- Continuous support and advice/mentorship for community physical activity and sport programmes and initiatives.