Our strategy to make London the world’s #MostActiveCity
London Sport has a clear vision: to help make London the most physically active city in the world.
The first milestone in our vision is a target: to get 1,000,000 Londoners more active by 2020.
Our strategy is the framework that underpins these goals and is summarised in five priority areas.
- Make it easier for Londoners to find the right activity for them, remain in it, and achieve their potential
- Get more resource by making best use of current investment and securing more
- Support grassroots organisations by making structures simpler and more effective
- Create a bigger and better workforce to support activity
- Harness the power of elite sport to create sustained grassroots activity, and inspire the next generation of talent.
We implement our strategy by building collaborative, valuable partnerships with the numerous organisations involved in physical activity and sport in London, to help make London happier, healthier and stronger through sport.