Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
The Communications Manager will help drive the reputation, credibility and profile of London Sport, its work and its impact amongst a range of audiences including media, stakeholder groups and senior decision & policy makers across London.
Reporting directly into the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will manage the development and implementation of a multi-media communications strategy that aligns to the wider London Sport strategy.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- Ability to develop and implement multi-media communications strategies to engage audiences and drive impact.
- Good understanding and knowledge of working with media, including managing media
relationships, writing media briefs, press releases and op-eds, and evaluating press coverage.
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to influence through all forms of communication.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, meeting deadlines and prioritising work.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
- Ability to manage teams and a passion for developing junior staff.
- Positive, proactive and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Lived experience of London.
For further details on this role, please download the recruitment pack below. We strongly recommend reading through the recruitment pack before applying.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com