Future of SportTech comes a step closer as first cohort of Sport Tech Hub supported start-ups revealed
Following an extensive selection process, eighteen SportTech, FitTech and HealthTech start-ups have been selected to form the inaugural cohort of the London Sport-backed Sport Tech Hub.
With focuses ranging from mass participation and active travel to social engagement, at-home fitness and immersive experiences, the start-ups involved represent a snapshot of the potential future for technology-supported physical activity and sport – both in London and across the country.
This weeks marks the beginning of the first six-month Sport Tech Hub incubation programme, with start-ups receiving support from a range of expert industry mentors and partners, including Associate Partner, Fieldfisher; Launch Partners, London & Partners, Crowdcube, RLC Ventures and Sponge Marketing; and, Media Partner, Sport Industry Group, as well as from programme founders London Sport.
Founded to support ambitions to make London the SportTech capital of the world, Sport Tech Hub has been designed to support the growth and development of early-stage start-ups that can make a positive contribution to the development and growth of physical activity and sport in the capital and nationwide.
The companies selected to form the first Sport Tech Hub cohort are:
- AktivKids – Getting children active through challenges set by celebrities, to receive points and prizes
- Batfast – Interactive simulators to increase participation in sport
- Fitswarm – Real time training
- Flex TV – At-home workouts you actually want to do
- Makesweat – Provides a platform for people to plan sessions with friends and share feedback with coaches
- Rabble – Immersive team games in your local community
- Racefully – The only app that enables you to run with your friends, in real time, whenever you want
- Return2Play – Concussion management and multi-injury reporting tools for schools, clubs and governing bodies
- Spotters – Social network dedicated to the grassroots football community
- Spryt – Search tool to find the nearest club, facility or coach
- Sport Heroes Group – Creating innovative digital sport experiences to unite communities and motivate the masses to exercise more
- Sweat & Sound – Secret, immersive fitness events for music lovers, creative spirits and curious cats
- TrainAsONE – Artificial intelligence personal coach for runners of all abilities and goals
- Vlique – Connecting users to fitness professionals in real time
- Wallball Tech – Innovating SportTech for the outreach sport of wallball
- Wellrun – Finding ways to equip and inspire more people to enjoy active travel
- WeGym – Personal training with a squad
- Where – A heat map of social and sporty activities going on nearby
Welcoming the first Sport Tech Hub cohort, Alex Zurita, London Sport Specialist Advisor – Technology for Participation, said:
“Sport Tech Hub will be at the very heart of innovation for sport in the capital. We believe that harnessing the power of technology is vital to the future of physical activity and sport, and these eighteen start-ups have an opportunity to be in the vanguard of that future. We are looking forward to working with, and alongside, all of the start-ups, partners and mentors involved in Sport Tech Hub. Here’s to the future of sport!”
To keep up-to-date with the latest from Sport Tech Hub, visit www.sporttechhub.london or follow Sport Tech Hub on Twitter.