Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
The Lead for Data and Analytics for London Sport is responsible for driving the data strategy and analytics initiatives that support London Sport’s mission for all Londoners to live longer, healthier and happier lives through being active. This role involves supporting data strategy and vision, implementing innovative data solutions, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the impact of sport and physical activity across the city.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline, and/or professional certifications in data management, analytics, or related areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data management, analytics, and strategy.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing innovative data strategies that align with organisational goals and industry trends and influence improved strategy, policy and investment decisions.
- A proven ability to perform in-depth primary and secondary analysis (statistical analysis, data modelling, etc.) of large-scale and/or complex data sets.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools and languages such as SQL, Python, R, and familiarity with relevant frameworks.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) to communicate insights effectively.
- Strong, proactive, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate strategy into actionable data initiatives and vice versa.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey and present technical concepts and data-driven insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with data governance frameworks and best practices and commitment to continuous professional development in data management and analytics.
To download the recruitment pack, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email [email protected]