Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
The Director of Impact & Innovation is a senior leadership role, responsible for setting strategic direction across areas of impact, research, digital and tech and innovation. You will ensure that London Sport is able to clearly evidence need as well as demonstrate the impact of sport and physical activity in reducing the inequalities in access and opportunity to live an active life, across London. Central to our strategy is behaviour change, and this role will identify opportunities to harness new technologies and digital tools to drive behaviour change and increases in physical activity.
As part of our desire to undertake cutting edge research, this role will develop our ability to act as a think tank for the sport and physical activity sector in London and beyond, using data and insights as a basis for effective thought leadership, advocacy and influence across a breadth of stakeholders and policy areas.
You will lead a high performing team to have a significant and influential role in delivering against our mission for all Londoners to live longer, healthier and happier lives through being active.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- A senior manager with a proven track record in delivering results, leading effective teams, managing budgets and operating confidently at a senior level. You’ll probably have strong strategic skills plus an understanding of how to develop, and deliver, impactful and effective strategies and action plans.
- Ability to integrate a whole organisational approach to impact, including strategic alignment, outcome measurement and effective management reporting.
- An experienced influencer and advocate who can create collaboration and shared vision around PAN London impact amongst senior partners and stakeholders.
- Understanding of how to utilise research and insight for maximum impact including partnership building, knowledge development, influencing and advocacy, and as a value proposition.
- Experienced and innovative problem solver who can lead on leveraging opportunities around insight, data and technology to strengthen London Sports value proposition to its stakeholders and deliver against our objectives.
- A track record of managing impactful partnerships between a range of partners preferably with excellent communication skills and a knowledge of how to work with funders, local authorities, policy makers, charities and/or non-profit purpose driven organisations.
- The ability to understand complex information, such as data and analytics, translate it into strategy and convey it simply to a range of audiences.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London with a lived experience of day to day life in London.
- You are creative and enjoy working as part of a team.
Download the recruitment pack here
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email [email protected]