Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you support us in helping every Londoner to find their way to move more?
We currently have one vacancy on our Board, and as such we are looking for a talented, committed, inclusive and skilled Trustee to join the dynamic Board of London Sport, who will be passionate about our mission and ambitious in supporting us to achieve our goals.
The Board of Trustees oversees all London Sport’s activities. It is the governing body with overall responsibility for London Sport’s mission, strategic performance, resources and assets. It ensures accountability of the Chief Executive and her team.
The Board works closely with Sport England and the Greater London Authority (GLA) to ensure that our work is coordinated and compliments the efforts of the whole physical activity and sport sector in London.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
An experienced individual with a passion for physical activity and sport, candidates will be confident communicators, strategic thinkers, bring experience of working collaboratively on a board and have a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. We look for colleagues who will encourage, challenge and support us to be the best that we can be. You will have the highest levels of personal integrity and will support the organisation in complying with all Charity Commission and Sport
England governance obligations.
Candidates will need to bring expertise and experience in one, or more, of the following areas.
Our primary priorities based on our current Board skills audit are:
- Sport – knowledge of the current sporting landscape in London and a wide range of sporting contacts and networks across the formal sport sector which can be leveraged to support London Sport in its mission.
- Physical Activity – understanding of grassroots physical activities services within communities and the wider links to health and wellbeing and wider social outcomes.
Our secondary priorities are:
- Diversity & Inclusion – someone with professional experience in leading successful equality and diversity initiatives, and demonstrable ability to drive change as well as act as a champion.
- Public Health – someone who can help leverage health networks and connectivity into relevant organisations;
- Environment/ Planning – particularly those with expertise in architecture, large infrastructure, planning and building;
- Youth Engagement – to bring knowledge and experience of partnership and engagement with young people, and enabling them to fulfil potential;
For further details on this role, please download the recruitment pack below. We strongly recommend reading through the recruitment pack before applying.
Download the Recruitment Pack here
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com