Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Community Sport Manager to join the dynamic Operations directorate at London Sport. The ideal candidate with be motivated and driven by making a positive difference to the lives of Londoners through participating in community sport.
This exciting role will focus on using sport to increase the number of Londoners who are physically active and helping young Londoners to find the sport they love. Working with a range of colleagues and external partners, the ambition is to develop a sustainable, inclusive ecosystem of community sports provision – one that appropriately reaches under-served communities.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- Lived experience of day-to-day life in London and passionate about improving the lives of Londoners.
- A good understanding of community sport, gained primarily through working in a community sport setting.
- An ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships.
- A practical understanding of project management techniques, with experience of effectively delivering successful projects/programmes
- You’re pro-active in identifying needs and opportunities. You can translate these into actionable steps to achieve positive outcomes.
- You have experience and knowledge of working with and supporting community organisations to build their capacity
- A can-do positive attitude and flexible, solution-focused approach. You have the ability to drive plans forward to achieve impact.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey information to meet the needs of the audience.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical commitment to the Values and Behaviours of London Sport.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
For further details on this role, please download the recruitment pack below. We strongly recommend reading through the recruitment pack before applying.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email [email protected]