Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
You are a talented, enthusiastic and confident person within the London Sport team managing our multiple grant streams. Working closely with the incoming Chief Operating Officer you will manage our key grant and project management systems, provide colleagues with expertise relating to the giving and receiving of grants plus contribute fully to our ongoing good governance.
Central to this will be building relationships and skill with the London Sport teams working directly to help more people to become physically active.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- Good working knowledge of grant management; developing and implementing systems, monitoring and evaluating proposals and budgets for programmes and providing feedback to applicants.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, good governance as far as this relates to London Sport as a charity and as a Sport England core funded organisation. This includes advising external organisations on compliance (i.e. grant recipients).
- A project manager with an understanding of, and/or hands-on experience in, the financial and governance aspects of giving and receiving grant funding.
- Experience of working with agile project management methodologies and in creating and managing project documentation.
- Experience of working with software packages to support project management and grant giving.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical commitment to the Values and Behaviours of London Sport.
- Lived experience of day to day life in London.
- Excellent communication skills and adept at building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Capable of owning multiple tasks and seeing them through to their conclusion, meeting deadlines and prioritising work.
- You are positive, proactive and enjoy working as part of a team
To download the recruitment pack, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email [email protected]