Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
London Sport is looking to significantly boost our capability to influence, shape policies and mobilise support for our mission to reduce inequalities and increase opportunities for children and adults in the most deprived communities to lead healthier more active lives.
We are looking for a talented communications professional with experience in forming impactful partnerships and delivering communications to a wider range of audiences to build profile and advocacy.
You will join the dynamic Fundraising, Marketing and Communications team at London Sport in a varied and exciting role, with your focus on:
– Influencing high level policy and decision makers to enable more inactive Londoners to live active lives.
– Driving profile and reputation of London Sport.
What you’ll do:
· Effectively lead and line manage the Communications & Advocacy team (currently 5 people), supporting them to develop and project manage the delivery of London Sport’s communications, events and advocacy work.
· Lead the development and delivery of cross-organisational strategic advocacy campaigns (and responses to relevant formal policy consultations) utilising data and insight, to engage and influence key stakeholders and policy makers at a local, regional and national level.
· Lead development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies ensuring powerful storytelling, effective use of owned channels, and opportunities to increase media exposure and enhance London Sport’s profile and reputation.
· Oversee the creation and effective delivery of our events programme including the Active London conference and London Sport Awards to drive profile, reputation and influence among key audiences.
· Manage relationships, and effective communications, with key stakeholders ensuring relevant information is cascaded effectively and London Sport fulfils its role as a trusted information source.
· Act as custodian of our Brand – including the evolution and development of our narrative, look & feel, tone of voice and positioning of our master brand and sub brands, to ensure a consistent and high-quality external representation of the organisation.
· Brief and manage third party agencies and suppliers, and hold a centralised view of budget, ensuring that Communications & Advocacy projects are delivered within budget.
Who you are:
· You will be creative, strategic and a strong communicator.
· You will have experience of devising, planning and executing high impact advocacy, marketing and comms strategies across all relevant channels.
· You have an excellent understanding of how to influence stakeholders, and the ability to develop relationships with a range of policymakers and stakeholders.
· You have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams and build strong collaborative working relationships with colleagues, partners, stakeholders and the media.
· A comprehensive knowledge of line management and leading a team.
· You have a lived experience of day-to-day life in London.
Download the recruitment pack here.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email [email protected]