Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
Are you an all-rounder, with a background in governance or operations? Do you understand the importance of clear, quality, timely reporting to stakeholders? Does leading a multi-discipline team appeal to you? Then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Head of Finance & Governance to
join the dynamic Finance, People & Governance Directorate at London Sport. This is a varied and exciting role leading our Finance & Governance team.
Working closely with the Director of Finance, People & Governance you will play a key part in the effectiveness and efficiency of London Sport’s financial management and organisational governance. Central to this will be building relationships and skill with the London Sport teams working directly to help more people to become physically active.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- A qualified or part-qualified (by certificate and/or experience) accountant.
- An understanding of charity governance structures, having practical experience in at least one of grant giving, fundraising, policy development or Board governance.
- A team leader, you will have experience of managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey often complex, financial information using various methods to meet the needs of a range of audiences.
- A senior project manager with an understanding and preferably experience of working with agile project management methodologies and in creating and managing project documentation.
- A positive attitude and flexible, solution-focused approach. You have the ability to drive plans forward to achieve results.
- Capable of owning multiple tasks and seeing them through to their conclusion,
meeting deadlines and prioritising work.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical commitment to the Values and Behaviours of London Sport.
- Lived experience of day-to-day life in London.
For further details on this role, please download the recruitment pack below. We strongly recommend reading through the recruitment pack before applying.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org