Do you believe that being active can change people’s lives?
Do you want to work on projects that will shape the future of London for the better?
Could you help us improve Londoners’ health and happiness by making the capital a more physically active city?
The Press & Comms Manager will help drive the reputation, credibility and profile of London Sport, its work and its impact amongst a range of audiences. While focussing on generating media coverage for our work and our mission, this role will also improve our engagement with wider groups including the sport & physical activity sector, senior decision and policy makers, and wider networks.
Reporting directly into the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will manage the development and implementation of a media strategy that aligns to the wider London Sport strategy.
London Sport champions equality and is an inclusive organisation that strives to reflect London’s diversity in our appointments. We particularly welcome applications from:
- People from ethnically diverse communities
- Deaf and disabled people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with lived experience of London’s many and varied communities
- A communications professional with a strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working with media, including managing media relationships, writing media briefs, press releases and op-eds, and evaluating press coverage.
- Personable and prior experience of developing strong relationships with journalists and landing media coverage. Ability to work with London media and journalists in the health, lifestyle and sport sectors.
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to influence through all forms of communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, meeting deadlines and prioritising work.
- Keen interest in physical activity for health and the sport for development sector and the policies that govern the physical activity and sport sector.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
- Ability to manage teams/projects and a passion for developing junior staff.
- Positive, proactive and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Lived experience of London.
To download the recruitment pack, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email [email protected]