With so many different organisations offering physical activity and sport services to schools across the capital, London Sport wanted to simplify and improve the coordination of a range of appropriate high-quality products and opportunities that link schools to national and local programmes and projects targeted at primary school children.
In excess of 300 teachers and suppliers have signed up to the Suppliers Hub so far, if you’re not one of them, are you missing out?
Nine months ago London Sport launched the School Sport Suppliers Hub; a free to use, online directory where physical activity and sport providers can promote their services directly to teachers. Since then, 143 suppliers have uploaded their contact details along with information about what they can offer, and 168 teachers have registered to the Hub to be able to search through and book these suppliers, saving them time.
What is the School Sport Suppliers Hub?
The School Sport Suppliers Hub has three main functions:
- Listing: allowing school physical activity providers to list their school sports offer
- Search: allowing headteachers and PE coordinators to search for listed physical activity providers
- Review: allowing teaching staff to review physical activity providers
London Sport does not use the Hub to endorse or recommend any supplier, but instead has built the Hub to empower each school to make an informed choice of which supplier is right for them, based on their individual needs.
Could you benefit from the Suppliers Hub?
The suppliers hub acts as a broker for relationships and more opportunities between suppliers and schools. If you have a service to offer or you are in need of a provider, sign up to the Hub.
|Advantages for schools
– A simple, free, and easy to use one-stop directory of sport and physical activity suppliers
– Search functions to help you easily find physical activity and sport providers suppliers based on the needs of your school
-The ability to message a supplier directly through the provided messaging service
-A customer rating tool to enable you to see how other schools have used the supplier, the impact, and their experience of working with them
Advantages to sport and physical activity suppliers
– A platform in which to promote your sport and physical activity offer to registered teachers
– For NGBs, a consistent way in which you can promote your programmes and activities to schools
– Easy to register and list your provision
– Improved support network via London Sport and partners e.g. Continuous Personal Development, mentoring, and further training/contacts
For more information or register to the School Sport Suppliers Hub click here.
Need some help with registering as a supplier? Click here for our guide to signing up.