- This event has passed.
Following a successful first year in 2018, SMASH London returns on 25 April 2019.
The must-attend event on all things technology and innovation in sport, physical activity and health.
This year’s event will combine thought-provoking content with ideas geared towards the next big innovation in helping people to lead more active lives.
WHAT IS IT?
SMASH London is the capital’s leading opportunity to join business leaders, public sector bodies, investors and the top-tier of British and Nordic start-ups working across tech innovation, physical activity and sport. Together, SMASH London will explore opportunities for global collaboration for physical activity in the digital age.
- Join industry leaders from the UK and the Nordics in physical activity, health and digital innovation
- See the first iterations of tomorrow’s game-changing innovations before anyone else
- Hear from experts across a carefully curated programme of keynotes, panels and debates
- Network with a unique combinations of entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, innovators and sport industry leaders
WHAT’S ON THE AGENDA?
Confirmed topics include
- Understanding The Consumer: how physical activity and sport can understand the next generation of digital consumers.
- Innovating with Open Data: seeking digital transformation in physical activity through open data.
- Winning Strategies: creating mobile-first experiences that enable people to live happier, healthier lives.
- The Athlete’s Contribution To The Tech Ecosystem: how high-performance athletes and the SportTech & HealthTech system can work together to achieve social outcomes
- Sport and STEM: exploring sport’s role in STEM education and the importance of ensuring the current and next generation have the skills, diversity of thoughts, ideas and experiences to contribute to social change through technology.
- Getting Helsinki Active: how the City of Helsinki’s physical activity program has been launched as a strategic top-priority aimed at encouraging Helsinki residents to move more and to sit less.
- Revolutionising Sport and Merging Fitness and Gaming: the view and showcase from a leading innovator.
- Promoting Better Health Apps for Better Outcomes: unlocking the power of digital health for the population
Confirmed so far
- Alex Zurita, Specialist Advisor – Technology for Participation, London Sport
- Federico Winer, Head of SAP Entertainment Industries, SAP
- Sam Tolomei, Health & Fitness Business Development Manager, Google Play
- Richard Norris, Programme Manager, Open Data Institute
- Lisa Markey, Executive Director, thinkBeyond Talent
- Radha Balani, Director of Strategy, thinkBeyond
- Minna Paajanen, Project Manager, City of Helsinki
- Markos Kern, Founder and CEO, Fun with Balls
- Ben Peppi, Head of Sport, Barn Door
- Lucy Horsell, Business Development Manager, Squadkit
- Alison Savich, Strategic Lead for Data & Market Innovation, Sport England
- Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE, Olympian, Speaker and Consultant, KRW
- Matt Mead, Head of Education and Innovation, Chelsea FC Foundation
- John Parvin, CEO, Digital Genius Academy
- Liz Ashall-Payne, CEO, ORCHA
JOIN US AT THE PRE SMASH PARTY
In the runup to SMASH, Sport Tech Hub & ActiveLab are bringing together key SportTech and FitTech leaders for an evening of networking the night before the big day.
When: April 24, 17:30-20:30
Where: House of Sport, 190 Great Dover Street, London, SE14YB
More details can be found here