- This event has passed.
Physical activity levels of children and young people in London are amongst the lowest in the country. The Sport England Active Lives survey, which now includes data on children and young people, recently highlighted that only 17% of children and young people in school years 1-11 in London are active for 60 minutes every day.
In light of these alarming figures, the next Physical Activity for Health Network meeting will focus on the work that is being done across London to try and reverse this trend. The session will feature:
- An update from the London Child Obesity Taskforce
- The Active 60 approach being developed by London Sport
- Local case studies from Southwark and Camden
- An update on Healthy Early Years and Healthy Schools from the GLA
The session will also include an update on the recently launched Moving Medicine tool which has been developed to support health professionals and others to provide advice on physical activity.
- 9.30-9.40: Coffee, tea and networking
- 9.40-9.45: Welcome and introductions
- Glenn Stewart, Assistant Director Public Health and PAfH Network Chair, LB Enfield
- 9.45-10.30: London Obesity Taskforce – an update and group discussion
- Ros Louth, GLA
- Ciara Litchfield, GLA
- 10.30-11.15: A strategic approach to getting children and young people more active – overview and group discussion, Active 60 and Active Lives
- Gary Palmer, Specialist Advisor for Children & Young People, London Sport
- Laura Sterne, LB Camden
- Sam Bodmer, LB Southwark
- 11.15-11.30: Break and networking
- 11.30-11.50: An update – Healthy Early Years London and Healthy Schools
- Liz Prosser, Manager, Healthy Early Years London, Health Team GLA
- 11.50-12.10: Moving Medicine – an update
- Kush Joshi, ISEH
- 12.10-12.20: Partner Updates (ALL)
- 12.20-12.30: AOB and date of next meeting
Please note that this meeting is only open to members of the Physical Activity for Health Network. London Sport reserves the right to cancel the booking of anybody who is not a registered member.
If the event is fully booked and you would like to be added to the waiting list, or for more information, please email PAfH@londonsport.org