- This event has passed.
London Sport has a vision to make the capital the most active city in the world and to achieve this we have identified a need to work with a wider workforce.
One workforce we have recognised as being important in helping inactive people become more active is the Social Prescribing sector. In the last year, we have created and piloted a new training programme for the social prescribing network and after learning from that experience, we are now in a position to roll the training out further.
The session will seek to:
- Upskill staff and volunteers working in social prescribing on sport and physical activity.
- Help staff and volunteers to be more confident in advocating sport and physical activity to their clients.
- Support inactive Londoners to become more active.
Interested candidates should:
- Be involved in the provision of an established social prescribing service, either as a link worker or social prescriber.
- Be keen to improve their knowledge of physical activity and sport.
- Be prepared to commit some time to attend a whole day training course and a subsequent half-day follow-up.
All course materials and refreshments will be provided on the day for a small administration fee.
For any questions related to this event, please contact: [email protected]